Most of the Automobile concerns might know that the Registered Journey of Automobile started from UK back in 1860. Most of the intellectuals worked on the development of a successful Vehicle which could serve the need of the time. As the Journey Started from UK it went on in West (US), Europe (France & Germany), Asia Pacific & so on. Only successful Brands were heard whereas many merged into renowned brands or role down their private projects.
Automobiles successful Market has been revolving from UK, US, Germany, France, Japan, Korea & Now CHINA / Asia Pacific. Companies more or less have been learning from Top seller’s success stories. Almost every follower enhanced features & technology in-accordance to market demand by the passage of time. Companiesfocusing on R&D made it in the top Club of Big producers / sellers.
Today’s Automobile Companies are focusing on innovation based on mainly Safety, Comfort, Luxury& Economy. There was a time when vehicles were sold through huge advertisements whereas now a days vehicles are sold based upon its Reputation / customer experience of Dealership & Product it-self.
This is the list of the 15 largest publicly-traded car manufacturers by market capitalization as of 23 January 2021, according to CompaniesMarket.
|Rank||Group||Reg. base||Market cap (US dollars)|
|1||Tesla||United States||$772.50 billion|
|7||General Motors||United States||$78.75 billion|
|11||Great Wall Motors||China||$50.90 billion|
|13||Hyundai||South Korea||$48.96 billion|
|15||Ford||United States||$46.78 billion|
|Top 10 largest motor vehicle manufacturers by revenue (2019)|
|6||General Motors||United States||$137.2B|
It is common for automobile manufacturers to hold stakes in other automobile manufacturers. These ownerships can be explored under the detail for the individual companies.
Notable current relationships include:
- Daihatsu holds a 25% stake in Perodua.
- Daimler holds a 10.0% stake in KAMAZ.
- Daimler holds an 89.29% stake in Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation.
- Daimler holds a 3.1% in the Renault-Nissan Alliance, while Renault-Nissan Alliance holds a 3.1% share in Daimler AG.
- Daimler holds a 12% stake in BAIC Group, while BAIC Group holds 5% stake in Daimler.
- Daimler holds an 85% stake in Master Motors.
- Dongfeng Motor holds a 12.23% stake and a 19.94% exercisable voting rights in PSA Groupe.
- FAW Group owns 49% of Haima Automobile.
- FCA holds a 10% stake in Ferrari.
- FCA holds a 67% stake in Fiat Automobili Srbija.
- FCA holds 37.8% of Tofaş with another 37.8% owned by Koç Holding.
- Fiat Automobili Srbija owns a 54% stake in Zastava Trucks.
- Fiat Industrial owns a 46% stake in Zastava Trucks.
- Fujian Motors Group holds a 15% stake in King Long. FMG, Beijing Automotive Group, China Motor, and Daimler has a joint venture called Fujian Benz. FMG, China Motor, and Mitsubishi Motors has a joint venture called Soueast, FMG holds a 50% stake, and both China Motor and Mitsubishi Motors holds an equal 25% stake.
- Geely Automobile holds a 23% stake in The London Taxi Company.
- Geely Automobile holds a 49.9% stake in PROTON Holdings and a 51% stake in Lotus Cars.
- Geely Holding Group holds a 9.69% stake in Daimler AG.
- Geely Holding Group holds an 8.3% stake and a 15.9% exercisable voting rights in Volvo.
- General Motors holds a 93% stake in GM India and SAIC Group holds a 7% stake.
- General Motors holds a 94% stake in GM Korea and SAIC Group holds a 6% stake.
- General Motors holds a 20% stake in Industries Mécaniques Maghrébines.
- Isuzu owns 10% of Industries Mécaniques Maghrébines.
- Mahindra & Mahindra holds a 70% stake in SsangYong Motor .
- MAN SE holds a 17.01% voting stake in Scania.
- Marcopolo owns 19% of New Flyer Industries.
- Mitsubishi Group holds 20% of Mitsubishi Motors.
- Nissan owns 34% of Mitsubishi Motors since October 2016, thus having the right to nominate the chairman of Mitsubishi Motors’ board and a third of its directors.
- Nissan owns 43% of Nissan Shatai.
- Porsche Automobil Holding SE has a 50.74% voting stake in Volkswagen Group. The Porsche automotive business is fully owned by the Volkswagen Group.
- Renault and Nissan Motors have an alliance (Renault-Nissan Alliance) involving two global companies linked by cross-shareholding, with Renault holding 43.4% of Nissan shares, and Nissan holding 15% of (non-voting) Renault shares.
- Renault holds a 25% stake in AvtoVAZ
- Renault holds an 80.1% stake in Renault Samsung.
- SAIPA holds a 51% stake in Pars Khodro.
- Tata Motors holds a 100% stake in Jaguar Land Rover.
- Toyota holds a 100% stake in Daihatsu.
- Toyota holds a 50.1% stake in Hino.
- Toyota holds a 5.9% stake in Isuzu.
- Toyota holds a 5.05% stake in Mazda, while Mazda holds 0.25% stake in Toyota.
- Toyota holds a 16.7% stake in Subaru Corporation, parent company of Subaru.
- Toyota holds a 4.94% stake in Suzuki, while Suzuki holds 0.2% stake in Toyota.
- Volkswagen Group holds a 99.55% stake in the Audi Group.
- Volkswagen Group holds a 37.73% stake in Scania (68.6% voting rights), a 53.7% stake in MAN SE (55.9% voting rights), Volkswagen is integrating Scania, MAN and its own truck division into one division.
- Paccar has a 19% stake in Tatra.
- ZAP holds a 51% stake in Zhejiang Jonway.
China joint venture
Beijing Automotive Group has a joint venture with Daimler called Beijing Benz, both companies hold a 50-50% stake. Both companies also have a joint venture called Beijing Foton Daimler Automobile.
- Beijing Automotive Group also has a joint venture with Hyundai called Beijing Hyundai, both companies hold a 50-50% stake.
- BMW and Brilliance have a joint venture called BMW Brilliance . BMW owns a 50% stake, Brilliance owns a 40.5% stake, and the Shenyang municipal government owns a 9.5% stake.
- Changan Automobile has a joint venture with Groupe PSA (Changan PSA ), both hold a 50-50% stake.
- Changan Automobile has a joint venture with Suzuki (Changan Suzuki ), both hold a 50-50% stake.
- Changan Automobile has a 50-50% joint venture with Mazda (Changan Mazda ).
- Changan Automobile and Ford have a 50-50% joint venture called Changan Ford.
- Changan Automobile and JMCG have a joint venture called Jiangling Motor Holding.
- Chery has a joint venture with Jaguar Land Rover called Chery Jaguar Land Rover, both companies hold a 50-50% stake.
- Chery and Israel Corporation has a joint venture called Qoros, both companies hold a 50-50% stake.
- Dongfeng Motor and Nissan have a 50-50% joint venture called Dongfeng Motor Company.
- Dongfeng Motor and PSA Group have a 50-50% joint venture called Dongfeng Peugeot-Citroen .
- Dongfeng Motor has a 50-50% joint venture with Honda called Dongfeng Honda .
- Dongfeng Motor has a joint venture with AB Volvo called Dongfeng Nissan-Diesel .
- Dongfeng Motor has a 50-50% joint venture with Renault named Dongfeng Renault in Wuhan, which was founded in the end of 2013
- FAW Group and General Motors has a 50-50 joint venture called FAW-GM.
- FAW Group has a 50-50 joint venture with Volkswagen Group called FAW-Volkswagen .
- FAW Group has a 50-50 joint venture with Toyota called Sichuan FAW Toyota Motor and both companies also have another joint venture called Ranz .
- General Motors and SAIC Motor, both have two joint ventures in SAIC-GM and SAIC-GM-Wuling.
By Chinese Companies out of China.
Daimler AG and BYD Auto have a joint venture called Denza, both companies hold a 50-50% stake.
- Daimler AG and Geely Holding Group have a joint venture called smart Automobile, both companies hold a 50-50% stake.
- Ford and Navistar International have a 50-50 joint venture called Blue Diamond Truck .
- Ford and Sollers JSC have a 50-50 joint venture called Ford Sollers .
- Ford and Koç Holding have a 50-50 joint venture called Ford Otosan .
- Ford and Lio Ho Group have a joint venture called Ford Lio Ho, Ford owns 70% and Lio Ho Group owns 30%.
- General Motors and UzAvtosanoat have a joint venture called GM Uzbekistan, UzAvtosanoat owns 75% and General Motors owns 25%.
- General Motors, AvtoVAZ, and EBRD have a joint venture called GM-AvtoVAZ, Both GM and AvtoVAZ owns 41.61% and EBRD owns 16.76%.
- Hyundai Motor Company and Kibar Holding has a joint venture called Hyundai Assan Otomotiv, Hyundai owns 70% and Kibar Holding owns 30%.
- Isuzu and Anadolu Group have a 50-50% joint venture called Anadolu Isuzu .
- Isuzu and General Motors has a 50-50% joint venture called Isuzu Truck South Africa .
- Isuzu, Sollers JSC, and Imperial Sojitz have a joint venture called Sollers-Isuzu, Sollers JSC owns 66%, Isuzu owns 29%, and Imperial Sojitz owns 5%.
- Mahindra & Mahindra and Navistar International have a joint venture called Mahindra Trucks and Buses Limited . Mahindra & Mahindra owns 51% and Navistar International owns 49%.
- Mahindra & Mahindra has a joint venture with Ford Motor Company in India, where Mahindra & Mahindra owns 51% and Ford owns 49%.
- MAN SE and UzAvtosanoat have a joint venture called MAN Auto-Uzbekistan, UzAvtosanoat owns 51% and MAN SE owns 49%.
- Navistar International and JAC has a joint venture called Anhui Jiaghuai Navistar .
- PSA and Toyota have a 50-50% joint venture called Toyota Peugeot Citroen Automobile Czech .
- PSA and CK Birla Group (AVTEC) have a 50-50% joint venture called PSA AVTEC Powertrain Pvt. Ltd.
- Sollers JSC is involved in joint ventures with Ford (Ford Sollers ) and Mazda to produce cars.
- Tata Motors also formed a joint venture in India with Fiat and gained access to Fiat’s diesel engine technology.
- Tata Motors and Marcopolo have a joint venture called Tata Marcopolo, where Tata owns 51% and Marcopolo owns 49%.
- Volvo Group and Eicher Motors has a 50-50% joint venture called VE Commercial Vehicles.
The above information has been gathered from different Media sources, Hence any variation in stated information is regretted in Advance.